2020 COMPETITION IS NOW OPEN
Entries will close Monday 6 April at 5pm.
Welcoming solo instrumentalists to Australia's
premier music competition for young people,
now in it's 30th year!
• Open to Geelong residents 18 and under
• Live auditions at Keith Humble Centre - The Geelong College - Saturday 9 May
• Regional Final at Keith Humble Centre - The Geelong College - Sunday 31 May
• First prize of $2000 sponsored the the Geelong Chamber Music Society
• Three runner-up prizes of $1000
• The Regional winner is invited to perform at the National Finals Weekend
• Open to Australian residents 16 to 25
• Auditions online with video submission
• National Finals Weekend at Keith Humble Centre - The Geelong College
Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 July
• First prize of $10,000 travel scholarship sponsored The Australian Elizabethan Theatre Trust
• Second prize of $3000, Third prize $2000, Finalist prizes $400, Audience prize $300
• The National winner is invited to perform with the Geelong Symphony Orchestra in 2021
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
James Dong - viola 2018
James began music studies at the age of 6 and has primarily studied with Soon Yoon, George Vi and Ole Bohn. Since receiving 2nd prize at the 2018 AYCMC, he has commenced postgraduate studies in Salzburg with Esther Hoppe, and currently plays in the Munich Chamber Orchestra. He is a keen learner, and has since 2019 picked up the clarinet and the cello.
James Zong - piano 2018
Accepted into the Royal Academy of Music London to study for a Masters of Performance. James leaves this September for the year long course.